I might not win blog post of the year with this one but if you’re looking for a super simply Gingersnap recipe that’s powered up with some APOLLO protein- look no further!
These look good but taste better. I seriously think the vanilla flavors in the APOLLO add another dimension to these gingersnaps that take them to the next level!“…the vanilla flavors in the APOLLO add another dimension to these gingersnaps that take them to the next level!”
Here’s my ingredient list, followed by my recipe:
Protein Gingersnap Ingredients:
- ½ cup All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1½ scoop Vanilla Ice Cream Milkshake APOLLO® Protein
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon Ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ stick or ¼ cup Unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- ¼ cup White granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup Unsulphured molasses
- ½ tablespoon Water
- 2 tablespoons White granulated sugar to coat unbaked cookies
Protein Gingersnap Directions:
- Preheat your oven to Bake @ 350 degrees
- Take dry ingredients (all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, grated nutmeg and salt) in a bowl.
- Whisk it well till everything is mixed properly.
- Now take softened butter, and both sugar in a bowl. Beat it till it gets light and fluffy.
- Now add molasses and water. Beat it again till well combined.
- Now add flour mixture. Start beating it and halfway through switch to spatula, if doing this by hand.
- Mix it till everything is mixed. The dough is soft and sticky, so chill in the fridge for 25-30 minutes. (if in a rush them freeze it for 15 minutes.)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper or tinfoil
- Also take couple of tablespoons of white sugar in a plate.
- Remove the chilled dough and start making a tablespoon size of balls.
- Roll into sugar and coat all the sides.
- Arrange them on cookie sheet few inches apart. They will spread, so make sure to keep the distance of at least 2 inches between two cookies.
- Bake into preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. As you remove it from the oven, you will notice the cookies have puffed up slightly. (as they cool down they’ll sink down to normal looking)
- Let the cookies cool in a sheet for 5-7 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
If you want to transform your APOLLO Gingersnaps into this^ heavenly, multi-layered parfait that you saw on our Insta story, I used this recipe. (actually used squash instead of pumpkin and it was awesome!)