Some mornings you wake up and just NEED a cozy breakfast.
If you’re like me, those breakfasts can quickly turn into a 6-pancake, bacon, sausage, and sometimes even mimosa-powered dietary disaster. Fine for a Sunday morning, but sometimes I want a cozy breakfast on a Wednesday. Or a Thursday night, even. (Where’s my breakfast for dinner crowd at?🖐🏼)
And that’s why I decided to put together this quick tutorial on my favorite 10-minute high-Ultimate Protein Waffle recipe.
This is “a guilt-free, protein-powered treat that will satisfy your longing for light, fluffy, golden-brown wafflesa guilt-free, protein-powered treat that will satisfy your longing for light, fluffy, golden-brown waffles without making you feel like you need to lie down for an immediate nap after you eat them!
I know, I know.
“But Erin- I don’t HAVE a waffle iron just laying around.”
Well I actually didn’t have one at our headquarters either, and I figured we might as well just invest in one for this video shoot and to have on hand for afternoon snacking. To my delight- I actually found one on Amazon for just $17. It worked out just fine!
Now let’s get to the good stuff and show you how to make these waffles. I used our Birthday Cupcake flavored APOLLO and it was AMAZING. You can use any of our eight flavors.. the Cinnamon Roll flavor is CRAZY good in waffles as well!
Let’s gather our ingredients first:
(makes 3 large waffles)
- 2 Scoops APOLLO Pure Protein
- 1C Pancake/Waffle Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 TBSP Vegetable / Olive Oil
- 1C Water
- Cooking Spray (we used a coconut oil one)
- 2-3 TBSP Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream & Berries (optional)
And the Directions:
1. Preheat your waffle iron first as it may take a few minutes
2. Combine Ingredients in a large bowl and mix/stir with a spoon. Do not over-beat your batter!
3. Spray the inside surfaces of your waffle iron with a sprayable cooking oil (olive, canola, or coconut oil all work fine)
4. Using a measuring cup, scoop out about 3/4 cup of batter from your bowl
5. Slowly pour your batter out onto your iron, starting in the center and working out towards the edges. Use a slow, circular motion while pouring to distribute your batter around the bottom surface of the iron evenly
6. Lower the top lid of your iron and wait for approx. 3 minutes for your waffle to cook. You will be able to see the top lid of the iron raise slightly as the waffle cooks. It will also emit steam while it is cooking – this is normal!
7. After 3 minutes your waffle should be a perfect golden brown. (You can leave it on for a touch longer for a crispier texture!)
8. *Remember to use plastic utensils when removing the waffle from the iron so as not to burn yourself or damage your waffle iron