Here’s what you can expect in the coming months as we embark on this new journey together – stepping boldly into uncharted, but exciting territory.
What is ‘Season II’?
Season II is the result of a 12-month long process that began as we emerged from the ‘COVID Experience’.
It included taking stock of where we have been in our 11 year history, where we stood at the time, and where we knew our brand had to go.
At it’s core, Season II is a roadmap that will guide our company focus for the next 12-18 months.
Each ‘episode’ that we release, whether it is a new product, service, feature, or update, will be done with great intention and purpose of improving the lives of our customers.
We hope you’ll come along for what’s next – it is sure to be an exciting few months..
Like any good season, the pilot episode starts with a bang, and so we decided to casually make episode I of UNICO Season II the most important product update in our 11-year history.
We hope you enjoy.
EPISODE I – APOLLO 2.0
Episode Release Date: Available to order 07/01/23*, shipping 07/03/23 *(may be available earlier for those on our email list)
Episode Summary: What began as a simple supply chain disruption prompted a deeper reflection of what our company stands for, and how we want to treat both our customers, and the environment that we share together. What emerged is the result of intense collaboration, innovation, and progressive problem-solving.
Plot Conflict: The global pandemic brought with it a series of challenges for our flagship product (APOLLO Protein). The costs of our Apollo protein raw materials were rising as fuel, plastic packaging, and freight costs sky-rocketed. We realized that either our premium formula would have to change, or our business might not survive.
Plot Resolution: A brand new packaging format, updated product size, and a re-imagined formula in partnership with the Perfect Day company – global leaders in sustainable foods technology – allowed for a product that uses 7.5x less plastic, and consumes 62% less resources to produce per serving than our original formula.View Nutrition Facts
Episode I FAQ:
- WHEN CAN I BUY IT? Apollo 2.0 will be available for purchase 07.01 (so in just a few days!), and should begin shipping 07.02.
- CAN I PRE-ORDER? We are not accepting pre-orders at this time, but chances are, if you actively open, and engage with our emails, that you will be granted early access to the product before the public launch. This will ensure that you get an order filled.
- WHICH FLAVORS ARE AVAILABLE? Our six most popular flavors (vanilla, chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, birthday cake, strawberry, and banana) are launching on 07/01, and will be our ‘evergreen’ flavors, meaning they will be here to stay.
- BUT WHAT ABOUT (CINNAMON ROLL)(COOKIES ‘N CREAM)(COOKIE DOUGH)(SALTED CARAMEL)? These flavors are not available immediately, although they may be re-introduced, along with other new flavors as limited ‘drops’ throughout the season.
- WHY IS THERE LESS PROTEIN PER SERVING NOW? Our research found that most customers were not using, nor requiring 25g per serving. Also, in order to keep our premium, great-tasting formula in tact (using grass-fed casein, grass-fed whey, and egg white) without moving to a simple 100% whey (like all the others), we had to make a change.
- WHY DID YOU MOVE TO A SMALLER CONTAINER w/ LESS SERVINGS? Our 2 pound plastic jars were big, clunky, expensive, wasteful, and in-efficient. In order to reduce our carbon footprint, preserve resources, and continue to offer a premium product and excellent service, this decision was a no-brainer.
- DID THE FLAVOR/SWEETENERS CHANGE? APOLLO 2.0 uses the identical flavor, and sweetener systems as it’s predecessor. While we are exploring changing our sweetener system to being 100% naturally-sourced later in season II, we wanted to keep our award winning taste constant amidst all of these other changes.
What Did We Miss? Ask us in the comments of tonight’s Instagram post on our our page, which will be published at 9:30 PM EST, or submit it below 👇🏼
EPISODE II – UPGRADED UNICOIN™ REWARDS PROGRAM
Episode Release Date: Early July 2023
Episode Summary: Coming Soon
Plot Conflict: Old System, Limited Capabilities
Plot Resolution: You’ll See 😉
EPISODE III – *LOADING* DETAILS TBA
EPISODE IV – *LOADING* DETAILS TBA
EPISODE V – *LOADING* DETAILS TBA
How to Stay Up-to-Date:
Submit your e-mail address below to join our RSVP Season II launch list and get early access to drops before the public.
NOTE: If you reached this page from an email from us, you are already on the list, and do not need to re-submit your address below (although it won’t hurt anything if you do).
You can also tap here to send us a text and we’ll add you to our SMS insiders list.
Ingredients: APOLLO Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate (including Perfect Day®), Whey Protein Concentrate, Egg Albumen), Inulin, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Protease Enzymes (as Pepzyme® AG), Soy Lecithin
Allergen Warning: Contains Milk, Egg, Soy. Manufactured on equipment that also processes tree nuts